SnapEDA is now available within Proteus PCB software
In our 2020 Annual Survey, our community mentioned that they love how much time they save with SnapEDA, but that they want tighter integration with their PCB software.
Over the last six months, we got to work in collaboration with your favorite PCB design software companies, with the aim of fully integrating SnapEDA search, import, and library management within their tools.
Today, we’re announcing our newest integration with Labcenter Electronics, creators of Proteus Design Suite, a PCB design tool known for its easy-of-use, simulation capabilities, and cost-effectiveness. Being that Labcenter is committed to continuously developing features that reduce the time to market for their customers, we were well aligned on our mission and our team quickly got to work.
With this new integration, you can now search for parts to use in your designs directly from Proteus. You’ll be able to find design resources including PCB footprints, schematic symbols, and 3D models for millions of electronic components.
From there, the parts can then be imported straight into your library, or placed directly onto your schematic.
The new SnapEDA integration is available in Proteus v.8.12 and later.
To start searching and importing parts from SnapEDA into Proteus, follow the steps below!
How to Import Parts from SnapEDA
1.Go to the library pick form as shown in the image below.
2. Search for the part you need by part number or keyword like ‘resistor’ as shown in the example below. Click on SnapEDA at the bottom of the window.
3. To import parts, the system will prompt you to provide your SnapEDA username and password or you can go to the registration form to create an account with us if you haven’t already.
4. Simply browse the results and select the part you need to get a preview of available data for the component.
5. After choosing the part, select “Yes” on the Import Part dialogue box.
6. The part will then be imported into your design and into your installed PCB libraries.